Tuesday 12 February 2013

Kidney cancer and the road to normality.

Well it has been four and a half months ago now since i had surgery to remove the tumour from my right kidney, the 25th of September 2012 to be precise.
 Since that time my body has made a remarkable recovery, if you have read my previous blogs i put much of that to remaining positive. The problem that i have had recently is not due to physical reasons it has been down to financial reasons.
 So please always make sure that you have protection regarding your fiances, mortgage etc, the last thing you need when you are recovering from illness is additional major problems, bills not being paid your home being repossessed. Never ever believe that you will never be of poor health, it can happen to anybody at anytime, make sure you have the necessary insurances in place.

                I return to work on Monday, my Dr had given me a earlier date to assume work although my employer requested further information from my consultant. I have seen the report that my consultant provided.
It states that he would expect 90% of muscular strength to return by 6 months and hopefully 100% by 12 months, he then states.....however, loin incisions are notorious for poor muscle strength long term and can often be a loin bulge due to neurovascuar dissection.....incising the muscles on the right hand side of the chest and removing the 12th right rib.

  So my consultant has stated that is only concern is that i am limited to lifting weights over 15kg for 12 months.....so obviously i realise for once in my life i must take it easy...not rush into things and not push myself to hard.
 On saying that the lady that has been dealing with my return to work as been very good and reassured me that if i feel tired etc...that it is not a problem, i can take extra breaks or go home early if i feel that i need to. She completely understands that it will be a shock to the system until i am back into the full swing of things.

 Looking forward to normality, once again.
 You can see the loin bulge, that my consultant referred to.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, only just read your message, how can I help ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great info and the sharing of your insights
    newnan cancer center

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renal Specialty Exam Cousre is an interactive course for Renal specialty cerification,
    this website will prepare you for the exam,

    renal specialty course


    renal exam course

    ReplyDelete